Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best Mother's Day Ever! New race

It's only 10:15 AM and so far this is turning out to be a great Mother's Day.

Gift #1: I awoke to a beautiful day - blue skies and sunshine for miles.

Gift #2: I make my way to the kitchen to find my two favorite guys all smiles and standing around the most beautiful bouquet of flowers.  (There was a Mother's Day balloon that was included but my son was dying to play with it so it's floating around here someplace!)  :)



Gifte #3: My 3 year-old somehow knew to get me a gift card for iTunes to start loading up my iPod for the big upcoming marathon!

But here's the biggest and best gift of them all. My husband who hasn't been so physically active has decided to take a big step. This morning he found a 5K training program and decided he wanted to start training for a 5K! So we found a 5K six weeks out for June 19 which lands us on FATHER'S DAY and together - we'll run my husband's FIRST 5K!!  I'm so excited that he's committing to a healthy path and I think he's going to rock it!

So this is what we're running and by coincidence this 5K takes place where I do most of my long runs - it's a beautiful park and the perfect place to 5K.



I am one happy Momma today.

Side note: I was supposed to do my long run today 18 miles. But decided to wake up way early tomorrow and knock it out in the wee early morning. The park is going to be jammed-packed today and I really didn't want to spend hours away from the family on Mother's Day. So today it will be the park, playing, maybe a little BBQ and I couldn't be more excited for a perfect day.

I'm looking forward to the big  challenge tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day!

XO
Jen

4 comments:

Jason said...

That is awesome. I am so excited for you. And you now see that patience is the key to conversion. He has seen what it has done for you and he wants in. I love it. Congrats on becoming a coach b/c that is what you will be with his questions.

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' awesome!!!!!!!! It's amazing how we can influence others just by doing what we do and loving it. My friend, Robin, also convinced her hubs to sign up for his first 5k and he's really been training. So great to see.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I am so super thrilled on so many levels, I don't even know where to start! Plus I got another friend who has been teetering on the idea of "trying to start running" to commit as well!! yeeha!

Sara said...

Happy [belated] Mother's Day, friend! I truly hope you had a beautiful day - it sounds like it! That is sooooo super-exciting about the Father's Day 5K with your husband. How fun! My husband does NOT like to run, but he will ride his bike with me on long runs. Maybe someday? You are really lucky to have this upcoming training with your husband! Can't wait to hear about it!