Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 83 - This is it!! OMG!

The big day has arrived.  I'm in a hotel room at the Jersey Shore where Angela and I just toasted our run with Bobby Flay burgers and Sweet Potato Fries...  A fat, protein and carb trifecta of awesomeness which was delicious at the time but has given my, now used to pretty clean eating, a big fat tummy ache.  :)  I'll be fine - just a small reminder that indulgent food generally makes you feel, well, crappy. (No offense Bobby)

I am so excited and so nervous that I'm pretty sure that sleep isn't going to be easy but we have enough power goo, 5 hour energy shots and adrenaline to carry us through more than a few marathons so I'm sure we'll be fine.

So here's my Bib:


Look, they even put my name on it!  Which is very interesting being that I didn't notice anyone else had their names on their bibs -- Maybe it's something they do for first time runners or maybe it's done randomly?  Or maybe they've heard all about that "souper" Jen (lol - I'm soooo kidding.)  In any case, I am very appreciative for my personalized bib, because in my opinion - that's totally fab.

Don't forget, they are streaming the race live at njdiscover.com - maybe you'll find me!  I'm personalized!

See you at the finish line!!

XO

Jen

3 comments:

The Skårtist said...

I will get up tomorrow morning and run in solidarity with y'all (maybe I'll try to push myself and do 5 WHOLE miles ha ha ha ... and I will also be checking the race live to try and find you.

Get some rest!!! Can't wait to see photos and hear all about it.

Nicole said...

Good Luck!! You will do great <3 thank you for letting us all join you in your fantastic journey oxo

Frannie said...

Just about to check out the live stream... can't wait to hear the celebretory post!