Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 19 - 126 days to go - running questionable

UGH.

So today I woke up and had a million things to do, I planned on running tomorrow since I had a full plate today.

Fine.

I hustled around and did what I had to.  I wound up doing my errands in flip flops.  I almost never really wear flip flops anymore but today I did.

In my haste, don't ask me how, i somehow got my big toe stuck under a door and slammed my toe around with the door -it hurt like hell and now I have a big toe injury.  I mean it's purple and swollen and I think I did something really funky with the nail under the skin.  Like I jammed the nail up and back.  Yuck.  I can barely put weight on it... and to make matters worse it's super ugly.  It's like fraken-toe.



Of course I travel tomorrow and that's going to be joyous but even more upsetting is the thought of not getting to run tomorrow and what this means for the next few days.

SOOOOO annoying.  Such a dumb injury.  I'm super aggravated.  I am going to find a podiatrist tomorrow to look at it and I'm hoping for the best.

I hate set backs.  My toe might be down but hopefully I won't be out.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! But the picture is funny.

Unknown said...

Thank you, I thought the picture was funny too and definitely cheers me up every time I see it... lol

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear about your injury ... hope it's better soon!

Unknown said...

:( They had to remove the toe nail and it hurst like hell. No running for a few days at least. SUCKS. Thanks Kathy.

Frannie said...

OH NO!!! That sounds awful. Sometimes the tiniest nail injury can cause so much pain... let alone losing a nail completely!!

Crap. Well- good luck with your recovery.

Unknown said...

thanks Frannie. It blows but I'm hanging in there.