Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 6 - thank God I have 139 days...

Thank God I have a 139 days before my next half because at this rate I will need every last one of them.

I'm feeling cranky today and on top of it, didn't get my run in.

I'm moving this week, leaving my home for an apartment and I think the overwhelming task of packing up everything and the emotional turmoil of leaving a house and neighborhood I love is starting to take it's toll in the form of a snappy and crappy mood.

So my apologies for a lame blog.  Not an interesting or witty tidbit in sight.  Tomorrow I will run and I will work back to a decent mood.

Any tips for getting in a better mood that doesn't involve alcohol or ice cream?  :)

XO
Jen

4 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

When I feel like that I just keep repeating "I am so grateful for______" and fill in the blank with something new until I start to feel better.

Unknown said...

that's a great idea... I do have so much to be grateful for that before even filling in the blank, I feel better. Thanks, Karen!

Frannie said...

I love the positive psychology tips... like the grateful exercise. Another thing to try is just sitting down right in the middle of the sadness and crankiness and just feeling it completely... rather than distracting away from it, actually let yourself fully feel it. Then go for a run, I suppose!

Unknown said...

thanks Frannie - I will try that too. Thankfully the mood has lifted :)