Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 17 - 128 days to go - still lagging but not quitting

I went to the gym today and started off strong, alternating between running a 5.0 -6.0 did great for about the first mile and a half and then got lazy.  Wound up running/walking for about 33 minutes and then called it a day.

Wanted to do more but I am hitting a wall.  Mentally I'm having a hard time getting past 3 miles.  I get bored, hot and tired.  My knees started bothering me from running harder and I just wanted to wrap.'



The upside and good news is, I'm still going.  I've run four times this week when I had no desire to really run at all most of the time.  I haven't waved the flag and I haven't quit.  This is all good news.

I guess it's all about treading water until I'm ready to swim again.

XO
Jen

2 comments:

Frannie said...

I hear ya! Your four times with little desire is still quite impressive!

Unknown said...

thanks, Frannie :)