Tuesday, June 4, 2013

IronGirl training: Just keep swimming

So I went to my fancy new gym and decided to get in the water for ten minutes and see how many laps I could do without stopping for ten minutes.

I don't know. I think it was about 14 laps at 25 meters each - for about 350 meters. That's pretty slow.
I did have to stop here and there for a second or two because I was sharing a lane and I'd have to stop to navigate. I also got a weird foot cramp in the arch of my foot that I had to shake out.  I've been getting a lot of cramps lately as a matter of fact. Last night I had to jump out of bed three times because of charley horses. I really have to figure out what I'm deficient in and fix it. Hmmm.

Anyway, although slow and still kind of awkward, I did feel a little better in the water today than I did the other day. So that's some progress.

After the swim I jumped on the treadmill for three miles. I was pleased with my run it was a good speed for me. And I felt both dorky and cool with my new "I tri" bondi band that my friend Dawn sent me in this load of Moms In Motion goodies last week:

I got a huge care package of stuff!
Thanks Dawn P.!
In other news I'm very annoyed with my weight. I've been meticulously counting points/calories. I've been exercising more (at least I feel like it) and most annoyingly, I've cut way down on alcohol - and I'm up a pound! WTF? I'm not liking that plus I'm sober and hungry. Grr. 

Oh well. I will keep plugging away - maybe if I just keep swimming?

XO
Jen
Post a Comment