Sunday, November 18, 2012

Taking control of my messy world

I apologize for the very sporadic posts of late.  My whole world feels messy lately.

My house? A mess.

My food choices? A craptastic mess.

Even my email needs to be cleaned out.

This mess has led me to feeling a bit out of control in many areas of my life, weight included.

It's not without good excuse. I've been traveling and working my tail off and my time management skills have been sucking an egg.

But still. I hate this feeling.

I got on the scale this morning and I'm up close to four pounds. It's OK. I'm staying calm and carrying on (and counting calories and trying to get my groove back.) But still. I feel those pounds. I felt like I was running a super speedy 2 miles today and the four pounds proved I wasn't terribly speedy, just carrying around more weight and thus, exerting more effort.

So this week I will un-mess myself. And get in control over some of the stuff in my life.

Goals for my week:

  • Super duper clean the house. I'm a happier person when things in my house gets in order. The home chaos just spills into everything else.
  • Track all of my food at Spark People.
  • Hydrate. My friend Angela told me about this free App "Idrated" it's kind of dumb but for some reason it is making me drink my water. It beeps at you and reminds you to drink water and gives you little rewards for getting it in. I was skeptical I'd use it but I have. So there you go.
  • 15 miles running.
  • 30 minutes of strength training (starting slow -- new goal to strength train.)
  • Bonus: I have a groupon for a gym that does boot camp, pilates, yoga, spin and Zumba classes. The groupon is for five classes. I will try to use one this week. Maybe yoga - I thought I hated Yoga (because I'm so gawky and non-flexible) but I tried it once (remember?) and want to really give it a fair shot. I am looking to truly start to cross-train, I think it'll ultimately make me a better runner.
My first not sucky yoga experience - dare I say
I actually almost liked it?
In other news, I ran a 5K last Sunday - not my fastest, not my slowest -- did Giralda Farms in Madison, NJ, placed 10th in my age group - yippee.  There was a massive hill and I wasn't even sure I was running this until the day before so I'm happy with it overall.


I'm starting to get nervous about Ragnar! With all my focus on trying to raise the money and produce the filming of it, I somehow forgot - I'm actually running this thing!! Well, hopefully my above goals will be a good kickoff to training for it. :-) It's coming quick!! 

What mess do you have to work on cleaning up?

XO
Jen

6 comments:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I missed you! I can't imagine how you've been juggling all those balls! I haven't really had all that much going on and my training has slacked. I haven't run more than 4 miles since my half, so RR is getting scary!

misszippy said...

I hate that feeling of losing a bit of control w/ everything. But knowing what you have accomplished before, I'm sure getting back on top of everything will be easy work for you!

Colleen said...

Your goals are great- setting goals like that help me to get back to where I want to be, too. Glad to see you back, have missed your posts!

Gillen Family Blog said...

I'm glad your back. I missed seeing your posts in my feed. I'm a mess if my house is out of order as well. Your goals sound great...I need to figure out how my November goals are going too. :)

Z@KickingKilos said...

Hey Jen:)
great goals :)
Love this app,which reminds you to drink water. I might download it as well.
Enjoy the yoga
xo
Z

scott said...

Omg.. You and I must be connected some how...i am feeling the same way about organization and things out of control... Good job on the run!