Monday, August 15, 2011

New sneakers :)

Thanks for all the support and kind words from the last blogs of woe. I definitely appreciate it and it totally helped!


So today I got new sneakers and new socks for a new day. (And a new year - celebrated my 39th birthday (with my twin sister) this past Friday.) My hubby got me a gift card to Roadrunner Sports - so off I went.
Jen and Cher
my very own bday cake!

And Cheryl got her own too - Thanks Lisa!
I am happy to say that I am getting the running groove back. Even if I haven't run as much as I would like to the last few days, at least the "want" is there and that's nearly half the battle.

Had a really good run in Los Angeles last week. I was hesitant and not that interested in running to be honest but Angela dragged me to the beach (thank you!) and I found joy in it. It was one of those runs that just felt good. Every run should be along side the ocean with the temperature hovering around an un-humid 65 degrees or so! Not to mention the power of running with friends - It was great to run with good friends Karen, Ang and Kiana.

After that run, I had some achey hip pain and I can only assume it's because my sneaks are old. They were last replaced in April.

So along with the gift card my hubby gave me I figured it was time for a new set of sneaks. I went with the Brooks Adrenaline and I even treated myself to a pair of fancy socks recommended to me by my friend Nicole.

Speaking of Nicole, what a coincidence that I happen to run into her today at the Road Runners store! I only go there 2-3 times a year and there she was, replacing her shoes too! What a bonus surprise. She even offered up a 20 percent coupon and saved me a few bucks - yippee!!

my fancy new sneaks and socks by Balega

And that's all I got. 

Nothing all that new and exciting. Needless to say I won't be running a full in October, in fact, I plugged in a training program for a half and technically I should have until the middle of November for a half training schedule. I'm pretty sure tho that I can get it together enough to run the AC half on october 16th. So that's the goal for now.

XO

Jen

Post a Comment