Sunday, April 24, 2011

The good news and not so great news

Our movie poster up at the theater! The red guitar! 
Hello running buddies!

Last week I was in Nashville to celebrate the world premiere of the film I worked on as a producer, "Happy On The Ground: 8 Days at GRAMMY Camp," at the Nashville Film Festival.

It was an exciting week and an awesome experience to see our film on the big screen in front of an audience of strangers -- all who seemed to really love the film. We followed our screening with a really cool after-party that was hosted by Ben Folds. It was neat.

Of course all this moving and shaking left me with little running time. I am proud to say I got a few miles in while in Nashville. It was beautiful there. I did a paltry little 2 mile walk/run the first day (I was super dehydrated and had about 20 minutes to kill) and then I did a four miler.  While it was a far cry from what I should've been doing, the pride comes in because I had to find that time and in the past I wouldn't have done anything at all. At least I gave it a shot and hopefully, next time, I'll give it a better shot.

Upon my return this past Thursday, my schedule has not become lighter and I'm yet to really run miles I should be. But, again, I'm proud of what I'm getting in. 2 miles, 3 miles, 2 miles and five miles today. (I was going to do 6 today but the heat broke me down and I walked the last home - teaches me to remember to bring my water!)

While I'm not doing what I'd like to/supposed to be doing but I'm doing something which is more than the old me would be doing -- I'm rolling with the punches and stealing in time when I can. This week I plan to hunker down and concentrate in being in good enough form to run/walk/crawl this marathon in June. OY. I wish I had 2 more months!

So the good news is, I'm hanging in. I'm not throwing in the towel - I'm not giving up. This is great news for me who's always been so black and white - if I couldn't run 8 miles on an 8 mile day, then I'd do nothing. So even if it's only 2 out of 8 - while it's not ideal it's better than nothing. The not so great news… well, I'm woefully behind in training and it's going to make the marathon even more challenging. Eh. It is what it is as they say.

I have plans on getting the 16 I was supposed to do over the weekend either tomorrow or Tuesday morning - really early in the morn -- and then this weekend I run the Jersey Shore half - My anniversary run! I'm looking forward to it, though a little bummed that no one is going down with me. I'm on my own. I'll have to be content to run for the bling and the cool strangers rooting me on. Someday, I'll have someone with a sign out there for me :)

And sad news - Sara at Words to Run by lost her mom this past Thursday. Her mom was a runner and training for her first quarter marathon and suddenly passed away. My heart is heavy for Sara and today I spent most of my run thinking of her. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

XO
Jen

3 comments:

Sara said...

Thank you so much. Your friendship and this post means so much to me. It would to my mom too. Thank you for thinking of me. When this is all over, we have to meet up for a race someday, girl!

Jason said...

You will not be alone at the Jersey Shore Half. We will all be there with you rooting you on. You. Got. This.

Keep up the great work and you will own that marathon.

Unknown said...

xoxo