Sunday, January 5, 2014

Whole30 Day 4 - A special day

A year ago at this time I ran the Ragnar Relay - Miami to Key West FL. It was an incredible 200 mile journey that I shared with 11 others - all with amazing and inspiring stories of their own. Our team, team Fat To Finish Line, consisted of 12 people all whom at one time or another had an average of 100 extra pounds on them. We were all overweight and far from runners. Each one of us, on our own journeys found a path of healthy eating and running. We joined forces a year ago and ran as a team to the finish line.



My producing partner and I decided that this should be a story told and we filmed the journey and are making a documentary film. We are still busily editing but here is a sneak peek of some of the film and a look at my motivational teammates:  



You can read the blog posts about my Ragnar journey here.

In other news, it's day 4 of the Whole30 everyone! I'm still feeling pretty good - no big withdrawal symptoms or anything. My poor hubby got up shaky and cranky today and then proceeded to slip on the ice and nearly break his ass. Even so, he's hanging in there like a champ and I'm very proud of him.

We visited a friend of ours today and I brought some leftover grape leaves and she put out a veggie platter (she knows of our Whole30 thing - so nice of her!) We noshed on that and then ordered steamed shrimp and broccoli from a chinese place and used Coconut Aminos that I brought along.  The visit was fine. I thought I was going to be bummed and miss the wine and cheese that usually happens during these visits but it wasn't the case. I might've thought about it for a second but I didn't lament on it.

The day was pretty low fuss (especially compared to yesterday). Pretty much my standard breakfast of eggs and sweet potato. I had a snack of some grape leaves, a hard boiled egg and some veggies - lunch was steamed shrimp with broccoli and dinner was a leftover hodgepodge of stuff.

Hope you are doing well too!!

XO
jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful video & can't wait to see the finish documentary.

Unknown said...

Thanks Patty!