Sunday, January 19, 2014

Whole30 Day 17 and 18 - Kombucha review

I am very proud of myself for still remaining on track while here in KY. What I thought might be impossible has been totally possible even if it's been challenging here and there.

I'm on day 18 and have been feeling pretty good. Tummy is still a bit off in the morning but the rest of the day I feel good.

Sadly, it's been a week since I've really worked out and I'm missing that big time.

In the meantime, I've tried a new thing the other day.

Kombucha.

Why did I try Kombucha? Not because of the health claims or to help my gut heal with probiotics. Nope. It's a little sad actually the reason why I tried it. While perusing a Facebook page for Whole30 people I stumbled upon this post:


Wait! What!? TIPSY!!! Why hasn't someone filled me in on the tipsy part before? All this forgoing of wine and vodka and I can still be catching a buzz?

I am not proud of my Kombucha motives but it was time to relax with a big bottle of the 'booch.

I tried the Gingerade Kombucha one from GT and I have to say it wasn't bad. It took a few sips but by the end I really kind of liked it.


But no buzz. Not even a little.

And I guess that's a good thing. It's an expensive beverage to get into! I'm not sure about the rest of the country or at other stores but at the Whole Foods at Lexington it's $3.39 a bottle! I mean if you wanted one a day (like the bottle recommends) it would be a $101.70 per month expense! That's a lot when you think about it. I hemmed and hawed for months about joining the fancy gym with the great classes and pool that runs me $59 a month.

Needless to say due to the expense and lack of buzz I will not be developing a Kombucha habit. ;)

Have you ever drank Kombucha? Thoughts?

XO
Jen




3 comments:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Thank goodness! Would have hated to have to stage a Kombucha intervention!

Lauren said...

I've never tried it but always look at it at Whole Foods. What does it taste like?

Lorenda said...

I tried it once. It tasted like vinegar. I tried but I couldn't drink the stuff.