Thursday, January 16, 2014

Whole30 Day 14: The roof is on fire

It's midnight, I've been up since five and I have to get up at 5AM again so this post will be short and sweet.

Today was a good day.

I'm getting in a groove here in KY with the food and my producing partners have been very supportive of what I'm doing.

I'm keeping it simple but effective

Today I started with eggs and avocado, had a banana for a snack, had a salad topped with hard boiled eggs, avocado, olives and pecans for lunch (yummy)

And butternut squash, salad and a pork chop for dinner.



I almost set the house on fire with my pork chop :/ I was broiling it and all of a sudden smoke was coming from the oven. Hmmm. I'm not used to the oven here and I guess the fat caught. There were actual flames in the oven and I was freaking out. I shut off the oven and called my friend up to help. In all the hoopla the flames died down. We aired out the house and I ate the pork chop.  It was delicious. 

In other news, I signed up for the Jersey Girl Triathlon on August 3rd! Looking forward to that :) 


Hope all is well in your world!! 


XO
Jen 

4 comments:

Z@KickingKilos said...

Wow Jen I am impressed with the traithlon. I have not visited your blog in ages...hopr your whole30 is a great success.
xoxo
z

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

So you have to set the meat on fire for the ultimate flavor! I usually serve it practically raw or well past well. I suck at meat! Ok, that didn't sound right, at all!

Unknown said...

Lol Linda!!

Z nice to see you again! Thanks and I hope all is well with you :)