Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 58 - 23 days to go... Eight miles!!

I ran EIGHT miles, people.  I feel like a warrior.  A very tired, sore but none the less, ass kickin' warrior.

I did it in 1:53:44 which comes to a 4.25 pace!  That's well within finishing in time for my medal, if I can sustain it for 13 miles.

I decided to go to the gym and I'm glad I did -- the nifty cup holding, dashboard was needed, I brought three big things of liquid and needed every last drop to get through the nearly 2 hour run.

I can't even believe this is me.  I mean I got to the five mile mark and instead of crumbling, I thought to myself, "only 3 more miles..." Seriously.  "Only."  HUH?

The big downside is that I'm soooo tired.  I came home, iced down, popped an aspirin, ate a Healthy Choice entree and decided to lay down for 20 mins.  Well, 20 mins turned into a 2 hour nap and I really am still beat.  I think I have to figure out the food part for these long run days.  According to my training log, I burned 1088 calories today.  I still eat pretty light with a Weight Watcher mentality, even when I try to beef it up, I think on these days I need to really beef it up and I'm not quite sure how to or where to start.  I am no Michael Phelps but I have read that even athletes have to eat more on training days and competing days.  Not sure, I'll have to google some ideas.



My article ran in the Nutley Sun today!  It's a big story about me running around the 'hood and working towards the marathon -- they also asked readers to VOTE for JEN in the souper you contest I will scan and post it for you to check out tomorrow!

xo
Jen

9 comments:

Angybby said...

You should really only up your calories by 300 or so if you're trying to lose weight. You're not tired because of lack of food. You're tired because you ran for 2 frikkin hours!!! Of course you're tired! LOL! Most people training for marathons do their "long" runs on Sunday so they can laze around the rest of the day. It's normal.

Angybby said...

BTW! You are a warrior!

Unknown said...

LOL... OK, fair enough! I can't train on Sundays- with my son around there's absolutely no lazing around! so I guess I'll just take this as a part of it and not plan on any big activity on long run day.

Angybby said...

Unless you consider napping a big activity ;-D

Unknown said...

serious napping is a big activity. Ha!

Kathy said...

Way to go, Jen ... keep up the good work!! I've been voting twice a day ... once from home and once from work. I've also asked all my Facebook friends, too. Keeping my fingers crossed .....

The Skårtist said...

W O W

Angie said...

Awesome! Keep it up. I can't believe that you're already less than a month away. You've come so far in such a short period of time. :-)

Unknown said...

thanks all! :)