Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 57 - 24 days to go... Four weeks away!

Christmas is coming!  Wow.  Four weeks!

I get to run 8 miles tomorrow.  YIKES.  Debating if I should do it inside or out.  Not sure which is least tortuous.  I guess it depends on the temperature and what time I work out.  I'm tempted to do outdoors to fight the boredom of being on the treadmill for nearly two hours but tempted to do the treadmill to utilize the two cup holders that will hold plenty of (I'm sure) much needed beverage... decisions, decisions!

Anyway, my friend Nicole sends me running quotes all the time (thank you!  love them!)  And yesterday's was this:


Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up.  -Amby Burfoot, The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life


Now, Amby Burfoot may have had the unfortunate (or fortunate, depending on your take) luck of being named Amby Burfoot but she (or is Amby a he?) is definitely my kind of thinker and I love this quote.  May even buy the book. 





If I don't die running eight miles, I'll tell ya all about it tomorrow night!


XO
Jen


**I'm still not sure if it's a she or he - I am too lazy to look it up right now but I did find the book on Amazon and this person has ran for more than 35 years and won the Boston Marathon in 1968!  I definitely think this might be a good read!!!  I put the link to the book it's on sale for $9.95 if you're interested.  


PSS:  Make me souper!!  Don't forget the contest!!  Vote for Jennifer!


PSSS:  I'm an idiot..  Wound up looking it up.   Amby is a guy and he's kind of a big deal.  Here's his bio:


Amby Burfoot is the 1968 Boston Marathon winner, and a long-time editor (since 1978) at Runner's World magazine. Burfoot has run approximately 103,000 miles in his life, and has finished the Manchester (CT) Thanksgiving Day road race every year since 1963 (47 straight years through 2009). He also continues to run Boston on every fifth-year anniversary of his win, with his next scheduled Boston race in 2013, and has twice completed the 54-mile Comrades Marathon in South Africa. These days, at age 63 and counting, Burfoot continues running about 25 miles a week for health and fitness, and races just a handful of times each year. He's married to Cristina, a fellow writer/editor, and has two grown children, Daniel, a Ph.D. in robotics, and Laura, a community organizer in New London, CT. He feels extremely lucky to be one of those fortunate few who have been able to combine their passion with their profession.





No comments: