Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 52 - 29 days to go... coming quick!

Only 29 days to go!  I can't believe it.

I know the day is going to be a reality some day but somehow this whole journey has made the actual race day almost an unreal fantasy.  The feeling reminds me of when I was a little kid and I would look forward to Christmas.  As a kid, every year felt like ten years.  If it was May and I was looking forward to Christmas, it seemed like a day that would never actually come but a day I would dream about.

Twenty nine days and it's no longer a novelty or a dream -- it's happening and coming quick - ready or not.

I think I'll be ready.

By the way map my run mapmyrun.com  has a really cool section (all free) where you can keep track of your training.  It's under the "my training log" tab.  I started using it in the second week of March and it's great.  not only can you track everything about each work-out (you can go as simple as how much time and your perceived effort -- all the way up to tracking how you were feeling, heart rate, pace, etc...) but it also tracks your overall month.

So you can take a glance at a month and see how far you've come, here's my March calendar.  Each day I worked out, I have a little man on the day.  At the top you can see your progress for the whole month.  In march, I ran for 37.44 miles and burned 5,238 calories.  I love this thing - and I would encourage you to poke around this site even if you don't run.  I find this training log worth the free membership!!


Have a great weekend... And if you haven't already -- cast your souper vote for me!!

Jen wants to at least win third so vote!!

XOXO
Jen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

37.44 miles!!! And that's just 3 weeks! Did you ever think you'd be saying, "I ran 45 miles last month!" Woo Hoo!!! Souper you!

Unknown said...

lol! Seriously! i never thought i'd say I ran 45 seconds last month!

THE GRUMPY KING said...

Awesome!!!!