Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 6 of training: 77 days to go...



I went to my weight watcher meeting today and despite my new training program and sticking to plan pretty well this week - I managed to GAIN almost 2 pounds.  Really?  I mean, was that necessary?  Sooooo annoying but I'm not going to let that get me down.  By May 2nd, I'll be thinner no matter what the scale said today!  Sigh.  Still annoying.  


Anyway, today was a rest day - I have to tell you, I think I'm going to like running because I went to the gym to "cross train" - and while I promised myself I was going to honor the "no run" on rest days rule (I totally get the whole, "your body needs to repair" thing and that you can risk injury if you don't rest...) but, I found myself turning my fast walk on the treadmill to warm up, into a jog and then finally a pretty good run for a few minutes.  I'm a rebel, what can I say?  Probably at this level of training, It's not that big of a deal but I can see how further down the line - it could be tempting to overtrain.  


Part of the reason I wanted to run today was because of the new "running" play list I created on my I-Pod!  Song after song of fun to run to music:  


Here's a few of the songs I have on there, what songs do you work out to?  Would love to know because I like to mix it up.


Born To Run - Springsteen
Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
Ray of Light - Madonna
Beautiful Day - U2
Man In Motion (St. Elmo's Fire) John Parr (this song always puts me in a good mood... reminds me of my youth and my sister and I drunkenly over singing this song dramatically at a family BBQ a few summers ago.)
Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
Paradise City - Guns n Roses


Oh, and I got the pink socks today!  i worked out before they arrived but I can't wait to check them out - lol.


Have a happy Saturday and thanks for reading this.  I appreciate you being on this thing with me and your support!  


XOXO
Jen

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Baby, you WERE born to run! Don't worry about the little weight gain, I predict you're down at LEAST 10 lbs by race day (probably closer to 20).

The Black Eyed Peas make great running music!

Here are some other songs that are right up your alley:

AM Radio - Everclear
Back to Life - Soul II Soul
Who Let the Dogs Out - Bah Hah Men
Beds are Burning - Midnight Oil
Boogie Shoes - K. C. & The Sunshine Band
Buttons - Pussycat Dolls
Celebration - Kool & The Gang
Clumsy - Fergie

and the 6 minute granddaddy of all running songs:

Get Me Bodied (Extended Mix) - Beyonce

Shake your derriere in the House of Deréon baby!!

MP3s coming your way via YouSendIt!!!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, and Livin' la Vida Loca from Shrek 2!

That song always makes me laugh.

Nicole said...

yey..go Jen go! Gaga & Ray of light are on my podster too 4 running <3....Bangles "Hazy Shade of Winter" is the pace of my 10 minute mile oxo

Unknown said...

Thanks Ang and Nicole! These are great!! By the way -- love the songs you sent to me Ang -- love, Pretty Vegas and Nicole good one on Hazy Shade of Winter!! Wow, in HS that was one of my favs.

Sharon, thanks for e-mailing me a list of songs too -- they are great!! OOOOH I have at least 13 miles of songs... maybe even 26!! ;D

Azrhiaz said...

LOL - Well, I listen to a lot of heavy stuff. I particularly like Hatebreed who have a lot of lyrics about overcoming adversity. Kind of inspiring and with energy and great drums, I sometimes pick up the pace without really realizing it! (well at least until the chorus when I'm about to faint from exhaustion... lol) - Karen

Azrhiaz said...

Oh but this is a good upbeat song too! Might be more your style...

Dollhouse - Priscilla Rinea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCOnX40rf8Q

Unknown said...

thanks Karen!

The Skårtist said...

Best running song has to be 8 Mile (I think that's the title) by Eminem. Good beat. Great inspiration.

Also kind of like Rhianna...

Unknown said...

thanks Sarah... I do like that eminem song will have to download it.