Sunday, February 21, 2010

day 14 - 69 days to go: I am runner hear me roar!


Today was a great run day for me.

The drill was to run for 3 and walk for 1 for 20 minutes.  (Plus warm up and cool down.)  I did it and it was great...

Then, at the end of my training, I thought I would challenge myself and try to run for five straight minutes because I'm anxious to start upping my run time.  Wasn't sure if I'd be able to run for 5 straight minutes but I did - and the song was so good, I thought I'd do an extra minute!  Six minutes!  but I didn't stop there- oh no I did not -- I was on a roll!  Screw it.  Think I can do seven?  YUP...  and then eight and nine, ten... I finally decided to stop running after 11 or 12 minutes (I freakin' lost track!  HA!)

My heart was beating, I was panting and my face was the color of a tomato but it was amazing.

I walked out of the gym with my head held just a little higher than when I walked in.

XO

PS:  Checking out The Secret now - thanks Lisa
PSS:  Sara, good call on the Eminem "Lose Yourself" song... got me to do the last 3 minutes of the bonus run.  


5 comments:

Unknown said...

You realize that this "bonus run" was probably a mile straight through. AFTER you did your regular training. 3 1/2 hour limit. Peshaw! We're going to finish in 2 1/2 hours!

Unknown said...

Ha - the 3 1/2 hour limit is actually what's motivating me to try to add to the training... that's a lot of running. There's really no "let me stroll" for a bit, wiggle room. I am not going to lie, kind of wish there was a bit more pad in the time limit!! ;)

Angie said...

Ok - not to sound like a total dork, but I think you may officially be my new hero. :-) Today is my first day of training. So we'll see how it goes.

The Skårtist said...

I'm jumping on the "you're my hero" bandwagon too! I can't even tell you how motivating your blog is! Angela -- see you in training today.

Unknown said...

OMG. Hero? LOL. I think my run is still slower than most people's walking but I'll get there. :)

Really, you people are my heroes because there's no way I would be doing this thing if I didn't have you cheering me on. xo