Thursday, February 18, 2010

day 11 - 72 days to go!

I love this quote:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham, running speaker and writer



Training felt hard today, I find it harder to get back going when I do take the rest day - 3 minutes running walking for 1 total running time was 15 minutes.  I tried to go a little faster and I definitely felt it!  I'm sticking it out and will get stronger and hopefully I'll go further and faster a little bit each time.  


I have  a question for you runners - what do you eat before you work out?  Do you eat?  Today I felt a little energy lag while running and am wondering if there's something I could fuel up with so I am energized for my run?



4 comments:

Angie said...

I'm currently not a runner...Back in the day I use to have a protein bar and a glass of milk about 30 minutes before and after I ran. Sometimes I'd have a banana instead of the milk. I am super proud of you for keeping on track. I've hit a weight loss lag myself, I've been sick since Monday, so I find myself going home right after work and heading straight for bed. I will start some sort of training for my 5k on Monday. :-)

Unknown said...

WTG, Angie good luck with your training!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try a little milk. I love banana's but recently found out I have an allergy to them (bummer!)

The Skårtist said...

I can't eat or at least an hour before running or I get cramps. Something with protein afterwards is good. Peanut or Almond butter sandwich is a favorite!

Unknown said...

ty sara!