Tuesday, August 12, 2014

This will be my year

I've been down.

I've gained weight.

Slipped in training.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Today is my birthday. 42 years old. A fresh new year ahead of me.

I went to the gym and ran. I was perhaps slower than I was a year ago.

I was definitely in a bigger sized pair of pants and moving more weight than a year ago.

Doesn't matter.

All that matters is right f'ing now.

I felt great. And it was during that slow-ish 3 mile run that I decided that this was going to be my year.

No more crying about a few gained pounds.  No more lamenting about having no time. No more excuses. This year will be my year.

XO
Jen




8 comments:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I'm right there with you, Jen! I'm so SICK of this feeling! It was a good day today, and damn it, tomorrow will be, too!!

From Ice Cream to Marathon said...

I hear ya girl. This time last year I was 15 lbs. lighter and was a faster runner. Although I've kept up with my training, I've gained weight and slowed down. But you're right- right now is all that matters, we can do this!!

Stephanie said...

Happy late birthday!!! I too have made this decision .

Anna Lee Beyer said...

Birthdays are awesome for a fresh start!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Have a KICKASS year!!! :-)

Anna Down Under said...

Do it girl! As happy as I am to be down over 100 pounds in less than a year, my biggest regret is that I waited until I was 50 to do it. Do not waste another year, I say! Life is too short.

Lynne said...

Happy Birthday. I'm with you! I want to make things happen! Another Whole30?

Alicia said...

I am in the same spot, slipped on training, have been beating myself up, but no more. I am so inspired by your last two posts. Happy belated birthday!