Sunday, February 2, 2014

Post Whole30: The stats

A bit strip my not-so-Whole30 twin sis posted...  I like how she gave herself the nicer hair ;) 

I know you guys are curious so here are some stats from my Whole30 experiment:

  • Number of pounds lost: 3.5 - I think. I weighed myself on Jan. 2 and the scale said 159.6 -- I am thinking this was grossly fluctuated high because just a day or two earlier I was 156 or 157 (don't remember) and NYE and New Year's Day I had a lot of salt and booze... so I'm figuring starting weight is more accurately around 157. Last day of Whole30 weight was 153.5
  • Inches lost: 3 - I lost an inch off my waist and hips plus a half off each thigh. My arms about stayed the same.
  • Number of miles ran: 25 - not many - with two weeks on the road and barely any workout time I didn't get in as many miles as I would've liked but did what I could when I could.
  • Jars of Ghee consumed: 2.5 -- that stuff is delish.
  • Eggs eaten: 60+ 2 every morning for breakfast plus a few hard-boiled here and there.
Weight wise I'm OK even though I had grand illusions of finishing this thing out at around 148 or 147 pounds. Oh well. Honestly I didn't get to work out as much as I would've liked to and there were other small issues like probably not drinking enough water and maybe one too many cashews on days where I felt "snacky"

Didn't exercise but froze my ass off and shot a show - my partner had the cool hat

While my Weight Watcher goal was 150 and my personal "happy" weight is between 145 - 148 - I'm feeling good. I've been beating myself up over my weight but I don't think anyone else thinks I look heavy and I'm healthy and feel good. So I'm continuing to work on getting over the numbers on the scale.

So far, two days post whole30, I'm still mostly eating whole30'ish. I have had a martini (OK 2) and  one or two other things 'off-plan' but I'm liking what I'm eating and how I'm feeling so I'm carrying on. 

XO
Jen

1 comment:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Great job Jen. I need an ounce of your dedication and determination!