Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Running fail: Pants on The Ground

regrettably not my ass
After coming off the high of a great 5K I was looking forward to getting a few miles in tonight. 

Some girls have issues with sports bras, some with the right undies or socks… Me?  I always, always have problems finding running pants I like. Something never seems to work with them for me. I have a big ass curvier hips and thighs and a small waist so I can never seem to get the right fit.

I'm getting sick of wearing the same one pair of pants for the last year and they don't even make them anymore for me to get a second pair. If I ever lose these pants, I'm through.

When one of the girls, who I ran the 5K with, showed me her new running pants my eyes lit up. The fabric was nice, the details divine and the great deep zippered pockets on the side would come in so handy... (ooooh think of the gels and beans I could carry on long runs!) I was salivating and then she told me the best part… they were on sale! Only $15 at Modell's!

So I headed off and grabbed the last pair on the rack! Score! And then I tried them on in the dressing room. Seems good to me! Wrap 'em up!

A dumb thing like new running pants is enough to get me excited for the next run so I've been looking forward to this run all day!

I get geared up and head to the gym. They feel a little tight in the wrong places and a little loose in others but it's going to be A-OK… 

I start running and in 1.2 seconds I realize my new pants aren't going to work out. I try to run thru it but as they continue to slide down, from my waist to my pelvic bone, I realize that unless I want to grasp the sides the whole run, that I'm about another 1.2 seconds from mooning the entire back row of treadmill runners.

RUNNING FAIL.


Ugh.

So I power walked on an incline for two miles and called it a day.

Pant suggestions? I'm on a budget too so I can't afford a swanky pair of pants that cost $60 or more. 

Have you ever had a running wardrobe malfunction? What's your 'hard' to find running apparel item?

Thanks for your help.

XO
Jen


18 comments:

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

C9 Champion pants @ Target. My favorite capris are from there and I'm screwed if they don't sell them again. I prefer stuff with a string to tie off so they don't fall.

Jason said...

I can't help but I sure as hell can laugh. I'm ON THE GROUND in laughter right now.

Shit like that cracks (get it cracks) me up!

misszippy said...

Oh no! That's really too funny! I do have issues sometimes w/ running skirts sliding down as I run, but never anything quite that bad. Good luck with finding something!

Unknown said...

BabyW - I will definitely check those out. I always see the Champion pants there and I think I tried something from Target when I first started running and they were eh but not sure if they are the c9 you refer to - will give it a go.

Jason, uh. Glad I could entertain you and thanks for nothing ;) joking…

Lesley - no way that's a real ass…. no way in hell. ha.

Thanks for swinging by Miss Zippy!

Michael said...

That sucks, but is pretty funny too! I have the same issue. I have to have something with a drawstring or forget it, it just doesn't work. Unfortunately there aren't alot of running pants with drawstrings. Good luck finding something.

Unknown said...

Thanks Michael - glad I'm not the only one. The search continues.

Necia said...

My fave pants are the compression tight at Old Navy. I buy 1 size smaller. I think I paid 30 for them, and they come in various lengths.

Meagan said...

I have been wondering the same thing! my pants are horrible right now. and I realized at the gym yesterday while I was using the hip adductor/abductor machine, that my pants are most likely see-thru... uhhhh thanks friend who I was just working out with for telling me!
Off to target and old navy I go!

Unknown said...

I have 2 pairs of compression capris by North Face that have a drawstring. I NEVER hit the road without pants or shorts with a drawstring. Here are some on sale at Sierra Trading Post.

New Balance Pant

Brooks Capri

Unknown said...

Necia and Angela thanks for the tips! Ang, awesome links will check them out!!

Meagan - see-thru and no heads-up from the friends!? hmmph. Soooo annoying. Another pants fail! ;)

Mandy said...

I have pants issues too! Mostly because of the whole recovering form having a baby issue. Before this - my big issue was shirts. Don't get me started on wardrobe malfunctions!

Unknown said...

LOL, Mandy - GAH why does it have to be so hard!? Is comfort and fit so tough?

Shannon said...

I feel so bad, but I admit, this made me laugh. Let me second the C9 Champion pants from Target. I have two pairs presently of them and LOVE them. They are comfy and don't fall on the ground. :)

Unknown said...

OK, Shannon - I"m definitely off to Target! :)

PS: I guess in hindsight it's a little funny.

Izzy said...

I have similar fit issues. I sew in an extra piece of elastic in the back of the waist band of my pants which fixes the falling down thing. Takes maybe 20 minutes.
Compression pants don't have the same issue, I wear 2XU under my normal pants.

Christina C said...

OMG!!! I have the same problem. Nothing is worse than running and holding up your pants or totally having to hike them up. I feel for you so much. I found some nice champion cropped pants at Target. They hug you in all the right places, they are thin, but not so thing you can see your but and most important, they fit in the waist, but like you, I'm little in the middle but I got much back!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Christina!

I got those pants from my hubby for Christmas and they are GREAT! perfect fit and good on the budget

Rachel Marie said...

lmao...okay, I don't feel so bad anymore, now that I know I am not alone with this problem. And I may have started actually laughing out loud at the comment Jason made :)