Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Everyone has a dream… What's your dream?

I've been dreaming of running NYC marathon for the last few weeks or so.

It's becoming a bit of an obsession actually. I'm not sure why this has become such a big dream but it has.

NYC is the city I have grown to call 'almost' home. I live 20 minutes outside of the big apple in Jersey - For 16 years I commuted daily into to the city for work. I still go in often for meetings, dinner and fun.

I think that running New York would be the most amazing experience and I have officially set my sights. There's a definite magic to the city and oh to put that notch on my running belt! What could be better for a Jersey girl than that? It might be 2012 if I can get lucky to get in or it might not be for years but I'm going to run it someday.

Hey, that girl between Apolo and Meb clearly stole my bib! My name is on it!
What's your running dream? Is it New York? To run across the country ala Dean K? Maybe it's to qualify and run Boston? 

XO
Jen

PS: My other dream is to run Disney someday :) that just looks fun.


12 comments:

financecupcake said...

I really hope you get to run New York, woman! Is there a certain Disney race you want to run?

At this point I don't have a specific dream race in mind. I'll get back to you when I find one!

Unknown said...

If I were to list all my dreams here, it would be an entire blog post!! lol
But yes, NYCM is on my radar to run and I agree-I think it would be amazing to run it.
You'll get there :)

Unknown said...

Me too Christina!

I think I want to do the full marathon in Disney World Orlando (the one in Jan) someday. That just has to be so much fun.

I hear ya, Jennifer, I could go on and on about running dreams too! ;)

Thanks for the comments.

Anonymous said...

I plan to apply for NYC in 2013. And the Goofy Challenge is definitely on my list for 2013 also.

But what I really want is Dean K to come pace me at my 50-miler.

Unknown said...

Goofy 2013! That's amazing, Lesley - you'll make that one a reality for sure.

My friend Angela and I have been talking about running the 2013 disney marathon so maybe we'll run together again! ;)

I'll put out the Dean K. vibe for you in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

Right now, my dream is to be able to run a marathon at all! I'm aiming for Columbus 2012! First 1/2 in the spring, first full in the fall- Now that would be a year to remember!

When I first started running, my husband sent me a link to Disney's Princess Half Marathon to help keep me motivated.

I think the Goofy would be amazing!

Erica Gorman said...

Run with Dean! That would be awesome.

And yes, I want to do Disney too!

And I think I need a racecation to another country!

Sara said...

Your blog looks great!

My current dream is to run the Goofy in January - I will let you know how fun it is! I am really looking forward to it! ;)

It has also been a dream of mine to run NYC - I don't really know why, I would just love to! I hope you get too sooner rather than later because I would love to hear about it and cheer you on.

Great post, by the way!!

Unknown said...

Niki -You'll do it! Actually I should add to my list of dreams to 'run' one too because my first (and only marathon) I walked a lot of it.

RunningMom, a "Racecreation" I need one of those too - another country would be amazing.

Sara - I am so excited for you to run Goofy this year! AMAZING - and wouldn't it be great if we did NY - together? :)

Jason said...

Running Dreams / Realities:
Run New York. Run Boston. Run London.

Triathlon Dreams / Realities:
Race 140.6 and 70.3 World Championships

Mandy said...

OMG. I could list a million dreams...even if I just limited it to running dreams. LOL! Current dream is to run the Relay Around Columbus which I just signed up to do! (107 miles with 5 friends).

I would love to do a Disney race and NYCM....I even had fantasies about Comrades marathon after reading about it in Runner's World! HA!

nikki said...

i hope we can do nyc together!!