Thursday, December 1, 2011

Runner's fantasy gift wish list: Lifestyles of the rich and famous edition

How cute is this - WANT IT found it at Milestones Jewlery
If you know my husband, let him know this would be appreciated ;)
If you're a runner we probably have some common items on our holiday wish lists.

Maybe you want a new fuel belt or a replacement pair of your favorite sneakers. Perhaps you're looking for an iPod upgrade, a case of Gu or even something fancy like the top of the line Garmin…

Socks, running books, cold weather gear and a new pair of running pants (not these) round out my personal list.

But, what if you suddenly hit the lottery? Money no object. What if there was no gift too big?

What would make your ultimate fantasy list of running gifts?

Ooooh… I can tell you what would be on mine:

After the race, I'll be in my penthouse
suite at the Ritz - C'est magnifique!
First class RACECATIONS all the way.  Several of them.  Presently, when I take a 'racecation' it's as cheaply as possible. I'm at some ok'ish motel or hotel too many miles away.  Money has been tight and even going cheap gets pricey. But if money were no obstacle I would stay at the best hotel in the area, get personal post-race massages, followed by five-star celebratory dinners and then stick around a few days to take in the sights.

fancy
Pimped out, state-of-the art at-home gym.  And maybe even one of those fancy smancy lap pools since I'm so stinkin' rich. No more worrying about fighting for my favorite tread, no more having to disinfect everything for fear of the plague. It's mine. All mine.

no one is a loser with this
guy leading the way
Personal trainer and Coach. Hello, Dolvett Quince from the Biggest Loser. (Hey, it's my dream and yes. I am that rich.) for bootcamp, weight training and cross training days.… He would work alongside my running coach and possibly my tri-coach.  Now that I have a lap pool, free time and all that fancy gym equipment - I can start my Ironman training. ;)

I guess that would be my top three fantasy things. I would love to have unlimited money to spend at Whole Foods (I have a strict grocery budget that includes couponing - I would never clip one again!) and the occasional chef to whip up a week of healthy perfectly balanced and delicious meals wouldn't be terrible (though, generally I like to cook.)



So what's on your fantasy list?

And don't forget to enter my Jack LaLanne Power Juicer giveaway!

XO
Jen




9 comments:

Matt said...

I would like to go to running camp--I've seen some week-long ones and a Thurs-Sun one. I've heard from people who really enjoyed them--hanging with a bunch of other runners, learning stuff... Just sounds like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Matt,

That does sound like fun! If I knew that even existed it would've totally made the list!

Now I need to go look that up!

Mandy said...

Your three sound good to me!!!

Definitely - a top class gym and a Olympic size lap pool. A trip to Cal-A-Vie would be on my list too. They cook all your meals - healthy but tasty...lots of exercises and massages. Hmmmmm

Book Dragon said...

I like your list. Personal trainer and my own gym head the top of my list also!

Unknown said...

Thanks Book Dragon - it would be nice to wake up to your own gym! And I'm not talking a dusty, creeky exercise bike in the corner of your bedroom! ;)

Suz and Allan said...

I'm pretty sure I love all of this!

The Skårtist said...

love this post!!!

I would totally take the personal trainer and chef.

I want to go to running camp!!! I will wait for you to look it up and give me the highlights of what that is all about in your next blog post ; ) --

Unknown said...

Dolvett! He can yell at me any day. :-D

The Huntington Beach Racecation is still available. It comes with a shiny surfboard medal. It's not a 5 star hotel but the Fairmont is nice. Easily a 4.

Sara said...

I'm sorry to say, I am not a Dolvett fan! But, I would hire Jillian in an instant! I love her!!! :)

I would have an unlimited travel budget too. For races and for seeing the world.

Also, I would like a home gym too with one of those super-expensive fancy treadmills like my PT has.

Great list!