Friday, December 23, 2011

Why I Run: Life is good

Today has been a great day.

I am very honored to have my essay - Why I Run featured in 'Another Mother Runner' blog.  I am a huge fan of this blog and have been following it since the beginning of my journey.  I also read the book that the bloggers Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea penned, Run Like a Mother on the plane to the San Diego marathon.

These women rock! They are very accessible and supportive to the running community and are contributors to Runner's magazine.

Anyway, it just filled me with such a good feeling to see that they thought my little 'ol journey was interesting enough to share with their community and I'm extremely appreciative and humbled.  If you get a chance and feel like reading it click the link above.

In other news, I got to fit in a four mile run today (treadmill) but it was a tough run for some reason. I was pretty fatigued by 2.5 miles in and my music seemed stale and it was feeling like the longest run ever.  However, I couldn't come up with a good enough excuse to quit the run so I just kept going. I gave myself permission to run slower if I had to (walk even) but under no circumstance would I not get to four miles. I stuck it out and got there. I'm happy about that.

From I <3 to run - thought this was so true!
I've been feeling super blessed lately. For so long I focused on what I didn't have but now all I can see is the great stuff I do have.  Family, friends, health, running (and of-course that doesn't begin to scratch the surface.)  As of today I have 140 followers of this blog. That's incredible - what a community!  I'm so appreciative.  Thank you for commiserating with me when I feel yucky, cheering me on when I need the support and teaching me something or making me laugh with your great comments.

Hope you are all gearing up for a fantastic holiday weekend.

XO
Jen


4 comments:

LilyWren said...

Hey Jen,
Me again, I think I will be here reading your blogs for a while lol! I had the 'run for 2 minutes' victory today and did 30 mins and 3 miles on the treadmill after a few days of having bought the thing. I am actually rather excited about this and hope I can accomplish half of what you have!
Best wishes for the New Year

:)

Unknown said...

Hi LilyWren --

Welcome to my blog - I hope you stick around :) Glad you stumbled upon some of my older posts. if you are a new runner, you can go back to Feb. 2010 and follow the journey from the start.

Congrats on your 3 miles! Awesome :) Took me a long time to build up to 3 miles so you're already ahead of the game!!

nikki said...

YOU rock, jen the runner!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Nik the medal wearer!