Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fun News, Great News and Big News

So this has been an interesting week of stuff!

First the fun news.

We landed an interview with David Willey, Editor-in-Chief of Runner's World Magazine for the From Fat To Finish Line documentary film. Going to Runner's World HQ was so awesome and I was so excited to meet him. I have been a dedicated reader of the magazine since the beginning and I look forward to reading it cover to cover.



He was so awesome and nice. I am so excited we get to have his thoughtful words of wisdom in our film!

The great news:

Last week I wrote this blog post about my new found love for New Balance sneakers. The only issue was they seemed to bother me on long runs (as my big toe nail has begun to turn purple after long runs.) I ordered them on-line at Foot Locker.

Well, New Balance saw my tweet about the issue and told me that I should swing by a local store to get fit. I figured maybe I could beg them for a small discount since I blogged about how much I loved them and since I just bought these. It would've been hard to dole out more cash right now and just eat this pair.  Don't you know that they took back the damn Foot Locker sneakers that I didn't even buy with them and that I had already run a few times in! They told me that their store is #1 in customer service in NJ and I see why. The staff was friendly and awesome. They let me try on a bunch of different styles. (I wound up with a new pair 1260 V3 - I paid the difference on them). They said they would even hold on to my old sneakers for a few days in case I changed my mind! Plus, I was told to go run in the new sneakers for a few days and if I had any issue with these they'd be happy to exchange these as well!  I will be a fan and customer for life. Good service goes a long way in my book. Plus it's a mom and pop shop - love to support those!

My new loves


Plus… one of the sales people is Olympic gold medalist (1988 games) Peter Rono. How cool is that?

Rono, Me and Larry the owner of New Balance in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
And now the big news!

I signed up for my first Olympic Distance Triathlon! REV3 Pocono 2014! My parents live up in the Pocono Mountains so I know how challenging and hilly this should be. The distance is .9 of a mile swim, 26 mile bike and 10K run. I have a whole year to train so I'm not freaking out yet. :-) 

WOOHOO! 

XO
Jen



8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is some awesome customer service! Congrats on registering for your first Olympic tri. I did my first last year and loved it! Good luck!

Julie said...

So glad New Balance could get you fit properly and were so nice. It is one of the main reasons I buy their product, customer service goes a LONG way with me (I work in retail).

Hope you LOVELOVELOVE your new shoes!! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks to you both! Julie, I used to work in retail too and good customer service goes a long way, great customer service makes me a loyal customer for life! :)

PS: So far I'm loving them!!

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

Yay! You will do great. Seems like such a long time away but it will be here before you know it. Can't wait to follow the next amazing journey of Jen!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

That's awesome on ALL counts! I can't wait to hear all about your training over the next year!

Anonymous said...

hey^^
when i tried to lose weight i learned a lot that surprised me. actually it´s quite easy when you avoid addictive foods and of course i felt the need to write about it ;) would mean a lot when you could read it, you will not be disappointed! :D thanks!http://thescienceofeverything.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/part-of-the-meal/

Anonymous said...

Good customer service is sooo good, and unfortunately I find it's quite rare.

Definitely makes me a loyal customer for life :)

Caz

news0011 said...

Good post and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is really the best place to ask but do you people have any idea where to get some professional writers? Thx
My news