Monday, August 15, 2011

New sneakers :)

Thanks for all the support and kind words from the last blogs of woe. I definitely appreciate it and it totally helped!


So today I got new sneakers and new socks for a new day. (And a new year - celebrated my 39th birthday (with my twin sister) this past Friday.) My hubby got me a gift card to Roadrunner Sports - so off I went.
Jen and Cher
my very own bday cake!

And Cheryl got her own too - Thanks Lisa!
I am happy to say that I am getting the running groove back. Even if I haven't run as much as I would like to the last few days, at least the "want" is there and that's nearly half the battle.

Had a really good run in Los Angeles last week. I was hesitant and not that interested in running to be honest but Angela dragged me to the beach (thank you!) and I found joy in it. It was one of those runs that just felt good. Every run should be along side the ocean with the temperature hovering around an un-humid 65 degrees or so! Not to mention the power of running with friends - It was great to run with good friends Karen, Ang and Kiana.

After that run, I had some achey hip pain and I can only assume it's because my sneaks are old. They were last replaced in April.

So along with the gift card my hubby gave me I figured it was time for a new set of sneaks. I went with the Brooks Adrenaline and I even treated myself to a pair of fancy socks recommended to me by my friend Nicole.

Speaking of Nicole, what a coincidence that I happen to run into her today at the Road Runners store! I only go there 2-3 times a year and there she was, replacing her shoes too! What a bonus surprise. She even offered up a 20 percent coupon and saved me a few bucks - yippee!!

my fancy new sneaks and socks by Balega

And that's all I got. 

Nothing all that new and exciting. Needless to say I won't be running a full in October, in fact, I plugged in a training program for a half and technically I should have until the middle of November for a half training schedule. I'm pretty sure tho that I can get it together enough to run the AC half on october 16th. So that's the goal for now.

XO

Jen

5 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

I love my adrenalines! Enjoy them!

Unknown said...

Yay! We miss you! You can come do the LA Rock 'n Roll half with me on October 30. You won't have to pay for a hotel room and Brett Michaels is at the finish!

nikki said...

it was awesome running into you today!!! kizmet.
i can't wait to lace up my new brooks cloud 4's tomorrow with my dandy balega socks (love them). jen the runner is back in the saddle.... run, jenny, run. xo

Jason said...

Congrats on the new kicks. They will be put to great use I'm sure of it.

The Skårtist said...

I'm sorry I missed the LA beach run. But glad I got to see you for exactly 2.65 seconds!

I have those shoes. LOVE EM!